Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Summer on a Plate

Today's salad was marvelous as I knew it would be! I just can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. It wasn't the most food combining friendly recipe but it was so good that I just didn't care. As I sat out in my screen room eating it I felt like I was eating summer on my plate, hence the name. Loved, loved, loved it. It was so simple too!

I made a vinaigrette with my pomegranate vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest, and Dijon mustard. I mixed some baby greens with an orange, some strawberries, avocado, marinated onions, and pecans. Wow! Delish!

For dinner I made fajitas again for my hubby. He was so excited when he came home and saw them sitting on the counter marinating. Instead of using the chili powder this time I used a Mexican seasoning that I made up a while ago. It was good. I took a picture but for some reason Blogger won't let me put any more pictures up tonight so I posted it to twit pics.

I also made some tortillas to wrap them in this time. They were really good. I think they were a bit sweet for my taste though. I enjoyed them but every once in a while it just felt a bit too sweet. I almost think I like them better in a lettuce wrap of some sort. Just goes to show you how much your tastes change when you do a juice feast.


I also posted a picture of my backyard view on twit pics today. I was sitting out there all day enjoying the glorious weather. I just love that my screen room is actually a 3 season room so I can shut the windows if it is too windy or cool. We have sat out there many nights during rain storms watching the lightening too. I love my screen room. I can't wait until I have a bit of $ to make it look pretty too.





2 comments:

Penni said...

Michelle...your food looks and sound so delicious to me. I love that you are using twit pics to post your extra photos, good idea and easier than jacking w/ blogger. I want your back yard view!

xoxo....Penni

yardsnacker said...

D-LISH! YUM!