Thursday, May 15, 2008

Just a Quick Hi

I am up way too late tonight but I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I had a full day today. I watched my son's baseball game (what else is new right?). It was so sad I just wanted to cry. They were playing their big rival and they were up by 2. My son got his chance to pitch and he did so awesome for the first 5the and 6th innings. He was on fire. Then in the 7th inning they started hitting off of him and his team made some errors and the next thing you know the game was over and the other team ran out onto the field to cheer. It was crushing and I looked out and saw him hanging his head. I had to choke back my tears.

Afterwards we headed home and my mom came home with us. I whipped up some nori rolls for her for dinner. She said she liked them. She said they tasted fresh. That is so true of raw food. There is this vibrant and alive taste to the food.

Then we all played a game of spoons. My little guys just love this game. I love watching them shuffle the cards. They take the top half of the deck and put it on the bottom. They do this over and over again as if it was actually making a difference. They don't want any help however and then they are so focused on dealing the cards that I can't get enough of watching the concentration on their little faces. So cute.

My oldest is contemplating moving in with his dad at the end of the school year. I am pretty sure he has made up his mind to go but is still saying he isn't sure yet to appease me. It is so difficult to think that he may be moving out of my home after 15 1/2 years. I just can't quite come to grips with it. I think that I won't be able to until the day it happens. I guess I am still holding out hope that it won't.

As you can see it has been a day of ups and downs for me. It's strange because despite it all I have this feeling of strength that everything is OK. I can't really explain it. Maybe I'm just tired. ;o)

Love to all.
PS Day two of tamales was BAD. They tasted delicious but made me so sick. I don't know why but I felt as if I was in a coma. I couldn't stay awake and I slept on the couch for about an hour as I fought of waves of nausea. Blech. I don't think I will be making those again any time soon.

3 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Aw, hang in there sweetie! That must be tough dealing with your oldest possibly moving out however, it could end up being positive in some ways (don't know from personal experience but have witnessed it). Hope everything turns out okay for all involved. Hugs to you!

Bummer about the leftover tamales. Something didn't seem to stay fresh or good huh? Good to know.

Spoons...that game brings back memories for me! It can be a very, shall we say, "physical" game. Vicious maybe? LOL! It's super fun. I think now as an old lady I'd play a much tamer version. ha ha!

Penni said...

Wondering how today is going for you. My heart is heavy for you regarding your oldest thinking of moving in with his dad. You must be really hurting over this one. We don't know why things happen the way they do sometimes. I will pray that the right thing happens and for you to gain some peace in your heart about it.

Much love to you....
Penni

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Sending you some happy thoughts today. I'm sure things will work out with your son. Sometimes it just doesn't look like it at first because we can't see the whole picture from our vantage point. ((Big Hugs!))
XO
Pixy Lisa