Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm Still Here

I feel like I have dropped off the face of the earth or at least the face of the Internet. :o) I ended up getting a pretty nasty flu at the beginning of the week last week and spent Monday thru Friday pretty much in bed. It was rough going and I was tempted more than once to take a little Advil or something to relieve my headache and lower my raging fever but I resisted and made it through the whole thing without any toxic drugs.


My weekend was so busy and filled with baseball that I didn't have much time to do anything else. My 10 year old Devin played in a baseball tournament so I watched him play 5 baseball games in the span of 2 days. Wow, that's a lot of baseball. If that isn't enough we left the last game (he took 2nd place in the tournament) and went to see the Kane County Cougars play a minor league game.

It was so fun because after the game they had fireworks and the kids got to run the bases. Then they showed a movie and let the kids sit out in the field to watch it. We had friends set up our tents earlier in the day and we got to camp out behind the field. How fun for the kids...camping at the baseball field. Of course there was a torrential downpour that came in the middle of the night and my teenager and his friend were completely soaked in their tent. I mean, puddles! So funny. They were up at 2:00am walking around trying to find a dry spot. They ended up in the car. The rest of us survived without too much drenching.

We woke up and had a pancake breakfast and the kids had fun searching for toads and turtles in the pond and creek that run through the property. It was a great time had by all and we will definitely do it again.

I have a busy day today. My house looks like a bomb went off and I am in dire need of some food. I have to get myself to the store before my little guy gets home from school. Only 7 more days of school and it's summer break. I really can't believe it especially since it is once again freezing here! Brrrrr. Will summer ever come?

Pictures are of Liam and Aidan. Cutie pies!












2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

What little cuties!! Glad to hear you're feeling better - and what a trooper you are for resisting meds. No easy feat sometimes.

Can't believe school is almost out. Sheesh! Didn't the school year just start?! Hope you start having your summer before it's over. :)

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

So glad you are feeling better. Handsome young men you have there.
XO
Pixy Lisa