Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Confessions of a Messy Un-cook

Well, I took this picture yesterday and it took me until today to be able to post it. I'm not sure I will actually go through with it even now but we'll see. You see, I am a messy cook and now that I am eating raw I am a messing un-cook. I don't know why and I can't control it. I just always seem to create a kitchen that looks like a tornado went through.

I have a neighbor that is so neat and tidy and we used to spend a lot of time together. She actually helped me with some of my mosaics a few summers ago. One night we were out in my screen room grouting this 6 foot panther I had to finish with black grout. Now if any of you have ever grouted before you know it is a messy endeavor. When we finished up I was covered in black grout. I had it on my face, arms, clothes and probably my hair, who knows, I was a disaster. Jamie on the other hands had one little drop of grout on her forearm! I couldn't believe it!

So one day I decided that I was going to try to be like her in the kitchen. I started out slowly. I got out all the ingredients I needed ahead of time (I usually fly by the seat of my pants and run around my kitchen grabbing this and that), I was talking to myself in my head, "Open the spice jar, measure it out, pour it into the bowl, put the cap back on, now put it away. This went on for a while and then all of the sudden it was like I went blank and then I woke up and the dish was done and my kitchen was a mess.

Oh well, what are you going to do? I am who I am. At least I clean it up when I'm done...eventually ;o)


Here is what I ate for dinner tonight. I took the leftover fajita veggies from last night and put them in romaine leaves with avocado and tomato. I made a salad with a bit of lime and the juice from the fajita veggies. It was delish!



I had nori rolls for lunch and then I finally ate my falafel that I made. I made a small amount of cucumber sauce and put it in a romaine leaf. It was really good. Surprisingly good. I look forward to having this again. It might not look too good in the picture I took but it tasted good.

I have been eating 4 times a day instead of the usual 3. I just can't make it long enough between meals so I have added one in. It's usually pretty light but it keeps me going so I think it is good. It's funny because I couldn't ever seem to get 4 quarts of juice in when I was on my juice feast but now I am eating 4 meals a day. Hee hee.

It seems my mom has found her way to my blog. Hi Mom! I don't know how she managed it but she is here. She called me today and we had a good talk about my future. She really helped me focus my poor, whirling brain in regard to getting my act together and starting a career. She even gave me homework! Can you imagine? Well, I think it was helpful and I am grateful. Besides, you can never get enough positive spin from your mom right?

I am celebrating the fact that my Little Liam is heading back to school tomorrow. His fever is officially gone and he just went outside to play a little football with his brothers. I know, he should probably rest but he was so bored that I just couldn't say no. He was so cute today. He called me on the phone's intercom today and said, "Hello, this is Snicky-Doo (the name we call our dog Snickers). Liam asked me to call you and ask you to watch a movie with him." Ha ha, how cute.

OK, I have to go clean my kitchen before the hubby gets home ;o)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Michelle,
Just found your blog! Great pics! You make the greatest raw dishes ever! I'm a bit messy in my un-cooking too! :O)
Michelle

Penni said...

I would spend time in your messy kitchen anytime!! That picture looks like a lot of love and live food is going on!

I will be eager to learn how the discussion with your mom went today. I want you to make money following your heart's desire. You have so much wisdom to impart.

Love to you...
Penni

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

My kitchen is messy at the moment too, although I have to admit, I try to be a tidy cook. Doesn't always happen tho!
Pixy Lisa

Hanlie said...

Oi, my comment disappeared! Round #2 then!

I'm a surprisingly neat cook. Hubby not so much. But just know this - if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'm coming for a few of your four daily meals! Your food is to die for!

Great news about Liam! That is so cute...

And I'm happy about your mom...

HiHoRosie said...

I can definitely relate to a messy kitchen! I have a tendency to get food everywhere and spill things on my recipe books, counters, and etc. My hubby is even worse! LOL! I sometimes try to clean as I go but that can be tricky at times. But the important thing is you make awesome food. :) And what's the saying? A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen...so yours is very happy! We should all post messy kitchen pics.

Anyway, great post and the great pics.