Thursday, May 15, 2008

In the Kitchen




I made this Exotic Fruit Salad Today for breakfast. It was super easy and yummy. A nice change from the ordinary smoothie.



I didn't have much in my fridge so I took out everything I had, combined it with some things from my pantry and came up with the above salad. I thought it was going to be better then it actually was. I mean, it was OK and I ate the whole thing but I wouldn't rave about it so I won't bother giving you the recipe. I can tell you it is an Asian Rapini and wakame salad. The dressing tasted so good in the bowl but when I mixed it with the greens it was just sort of boring. Oh well.


3 comments:

Penni said...

It's a bummer when we think we've created a master piece and then it's just sort of bleh. Oh well...that salad looks good. And the fruit salad sounds delicious. I long for a bit platter of fresh fruit!! I want to feel that crunch factor. I am getting close to the time when you ended your feast. I really want to finish this strong, but I'm trying to go one day at a time.

Have a great weekend!
Penni

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Yeah, the salad looks great. Makes me want to go make one. Sorry it didn't taste like you wanted it to.
XO
Pixy Lisa

HiHoRosie said...

yeah, the salad looks great too bad it wasn't exactly what you hoped. Hate it when that happens! I love it when the opposite happens. :)

Happy weekend!