Friday, May 02, 2008

Having food fun

I have been so interested in what I've been eating for lunch and dinner that I haven't told you that I have been having smoothies everyday for breakfast. I was going to have juice but David told me that the fiber in the smoothies each morning acts like a broom and really sweeps the body clean so I have been making one each and everyday.


That has been the only fruit or sweets I have had although today is the first day I was craving something sweet. I really wanted some chocolate, the raw kind but I didn't feel like taking the time to make it since it isn't really what I should be eating so I just ignored it. I ended up eating some watermelon later in the day and that seemed to satisfy me.


For lunch today I had nori rolls with the leftover tuna pate from yesterday. I can't seem to get enough of the nori. I love it. Seaweed, yum. I need to explore some more types of seaweed and try some new things. Expand my repertoire per say. I have some Wakame in my cabinet so I might try to find something to do with it.


For dinner I made some hummus that is made with zucchini which is the picture above. My husband came home and said it looked good. I told him that it wasn't, but then I told him I ate a bunch of it. I laughed because I couldn't decide if it was good or not. It was so bitter that I didn't really like it while I was eating it but then I kept wanting to eat more. Weird.


I think the tahini was too strong for me and I will try to use less the next time I make it. I made extras so I could make a wrap with it for tomorrow so I hope I like it. :o) Maybe I will add some more zucchini to it and take the taste down a bit. We'll see.


I have really only been making things from recipes right now. I need to get a sense of how things taste before I can venture out on my own and create my own dishes. It's like when you take art classes you start out copying the masters to learn and then you can create your own.


It's funny because that is how I have been thinking about my food lately. Today I was feeling a bit antsy and bored and I decided to make the hummus. I had so much fun putting the veggies out and making it look pretty. It's becoming like a creative endeavor for me. Too fun!

1 comment:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Have you tried the hummus from RAWvolution? I thought it was very good. You do have to take it easy on the tahini or it will get bitter very quickly. I've found that the taste gets stronger the longer it sits.

I love Broccoli Rabe!!!
XO
Pixy Lisa