Friday, May 02, 2008

Fun Friday

Here is a little Meme I found today around the subject of travel.


1. Where would you most like to travel? What attracts you to that destination? What would you do while you were there?
I want to go to Costa Rica. I want to do it all. See the beaches, go to the volcanoes, check out the jungle, enjoy the culture and take a zip line through the tree tops, white water raft, swim in the waterfalls, go to the hot springs and the cloud city, and whatever else looks fun. I have heard that Costa Rica is beautiful, has a variety of climates and is a lot like Hawaii 20 years ago. Since Hawaii is my favorite place I want to check it out. Besides, Ben lived there and he said it's Awesome! :o)


2. What are the top 5 places in the world you would like to travel to?
1. Costa Rica


2. Italy



3. Greece






4. Any South Pacific Island






5. India

3. There are all kinds of spiritually important places around the world like the Vatican, Mecca, etc. What spiritual location would you choose to travel to?

I would love to take a pilgrimage to India. Brandon Bays led one over Christmas this year. They traveled to sacred places all over India and sat with masters. I think that would be so life changing. It is something I don't see myself doing until my children are older however. Something to look forward to.





4. Choices, choices! Which location would you choose and why?

Venice, Italy or Juneau, Alaska
Venice, Italy because it is in Italy! and because I know Alaska is supposed to be beautiful but I am just not into going anywhere that is cold. I can't deal with the thought of it.

Tokyo, Japan or Berlin, Germany



Berlin, Germany because I don't have a desire to go to a city in Japan. I don't have much of a desire to go to Germany either but if I had to choose then it would be Berlin.


Dublin, Ireland or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
This is a tough one because I would like to go to Ireland but not really the city of Dublin. I am attracted to the countryside of Ireland. Ho Chi Minh City would be pretty cool but I guess I would have to go with Dublin.

Bejing, China or Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rio de Janerio, Brazil is my easy choice. I have absolutely no desire to go to Bejing and if I went to Rio I might be able to get out of the city and check out the countryside of Brazil. I think that would be awesome.



Waikiki, Hawaii or Moscow, Russia
Waikiki without a doubt. I know I have been there twice and it is a bit commercialized, OK a lot but it's Hawaii, my favorite place so I couldn't pass up the chance to go there. I would have to get off the strip and cruise the island though. Oooh, makes me want to hop on a plane right now. I wish I could move there!

London, England or Stockholm, Sweden

I have to say that I don't know much about Stockholm but I think I would choose it over London. I just don't have a desire to go there.


5. Where do you most want to visit in your country, some place you have never been before?
Hmmmm, in my country I would want to go to... I'm not sure, either Asheville, North Carolina or somewhere in California. I've never been to NC and it is supposed to be beautiful. There is something about it that is alluring to me. I've been to LA and San Francisco before but I think I would like to go to San Diego or up north where the redwoods are. Oh and then there is Oregon. I would love to go there. So much to see!













6. I am coming to your country. Where should I go ?

Wow, that is a tough one. The country is so varied with so much to see. I would suggest some kind of tour I guess so you could see everything. Start on the East Coast and see the New York, Boston, the birthplace of our country, head to the Midwest and check out Chicago, south to the smoky mountains and down to New Orleans, then up to Colorado and the Rocky Mountains. You wouldn't want to miss Mount Rushmore in South Dakota. Then on to the desert and the Grand Canyon in Arizona then over to California and all there is to see there and then you would want to head up to Washington or Oregon. There is so much more to see that I can't even decide.
But I guess if you could only pick one place to go it would probably have to be New York because let's face it, it's New York (I've never been there myself :o)

PS I apologize for the look of this post. Blogger was impossible and I finally gave up. I hope it's not too hard to read. xo


2 comments:

Hanlie said...

I'm so going to do this one! Fun!

Unknown said...

That collard wrap looks amazing.

Congrats on finishing your feast!!

I just listened to your utterz and I have lots of thoughts about the sleeping monster.

I just got a macbook and I am going to get some utterz going myself. What I want to say to you would take too long to write. I'll let you when I record something so you can listen to it.

I love the sound of your voice.....very soothing.