Monday, December 03, 2007

Where does all the fat go?

So I've lost 4 pounds this week since I have changed my eating. I was watching Oprah the other day and they had A LOT of people who lost A TON of weight. I am talking hundreds and hundreds of pounds. At the end of the show they were all on the stage and I starting wondering how much weight they had lost all together. I was hoping they would tell us but they didn't. Then I started wondering where all the fat goes. I mean think about it. If someone weighed 500 lbs and lost 300 of it, that is as much as 2 people. Where does all of that go? Imagine 2 big blobs of fat sitting next to you, that's a lot of fat.

Now, I know we excrete it out of our body and I guess it is mostly getting flushed down the toilet but then what? I couldn't help but imagine big junkyards of fat from all the weight loss that occurs. I know it's silly but that is what I was thinking.

It got me really thinking that I think it is just energy. Energy that gets trapped in the body and can't get out. Once you start unclogging and moving your body the energy is able to flow and it flows in your body only to flow out again easily and effortlessly.

Hmmm Ok, enough of the silly philosophy. Here is what I ate today:

Green smoothie with spinach, banana, and water.

Kale Cole Slaw

Cranberry Fruit Salad

Cooked Butternut Squash Soup with 1/2 Ezekiel English muffin

I roasted 1 squash in the oven and cut it up. I sauteed onion, garlic, carrot and celery in some olive oil. I added some broth and cooked until soft. I added the squash and blended. I added some salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and a touch of curry. It was yummy even though the consistency reminded me of the squash I used to feed my kids when they were babies.

No comments: