Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Brrrrrr!

It is cold here and there is snow as far as the eye can see. I am cold but I am sticking to my eating. In fact, I find myself not really wanting to eat the cooked food for dinner. Of course I am still doing it but I think that will be changing soon.

I miss the raw summit 2. I liked getting up every morning and learning something new. I liked that I could stay in my jammies wrapped up in a blankie and still learn from people all over the world. I mean how cool is that?

I have been incorporating more green juice into my diet. I am surprised that I like it. I have been adding one big huge apple to it to make it sweet. Today I only added 1/2 the apple and it still tasted good. Success.

It is quite silly but I get excited by the idea of drinking it. The color is so fantastic and I can see it swirling around in the glass and wow, I don't know, I like it. There is something cool about taking a counter full of vegies, putting it through a machine and drinking it. You just know you are getting so many good things in your body.

I am not getting headaches from it anymore. It only happend a couple of times. I did try to figure out why but didn't get any answers so I can't fill you in on that but the good thing is that it's over.

So here is what I've eaten for the last few days. I may have skipped a day, I don't know.

Monday
Green Smoothie with banana, kale, orange, tangerine, and flax


Snack- Green juice with kale, lemon, apple, celery, cucumber, parsley.


Lunch
The most delicous salad!
I used romaine lettuce and spinach
1 orange (I juiced half of it and cut up the other half)
1/2 pomegranite (I juiced half of the seeds and put the other half on the salad)
Pine nuts
1/2 avocado cut in chunks

I made the dressing with the juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.


Dinner
Fennel Salad (I didn't really like it. It wasn't horrible. I just wouldn't make it again)
Cooked Butternut Squash soup


Tuesday
Green smoothies with banana, flax, kale, and orange.


Lunch- Raw Broccoli soup made with almond milk. (again, not a favorite. I ate it but I won't make it again)


Snack- Green juice with kale, cucumber, celery, lemon, ginger, dandelion, and apple (this one was a little bitter but after a couple of sips it was ok)


Dinner- Cooked spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts with coconut oil oil and a little salt.


If I get hungry I will have a piece of fruit throughout the day. Yummy!

No comments: