Monday, December 10, 2007

heartburn, indigestion and bloating oh my

So whatever it was that got my stomach all out of whack has really set off quite a bit of trouble for me. All weekend I was struggling with it. I ended up going to the health food store and getting some papaya tablets to try and help. I was chewing on them all weekend.

Slowly but surely I seem to be getting better. I have been pretty careful about what I am eating. No more chocolate or nuts for a while. I am still going to keep taking the papaya. I have to tell you, the pain and annoyance of this heartburn is pretty severe. It really makes me careful. The only thing worse for me is the fear of my gallbladder attacks. UGH! They are ridiculous!

Anyway, I won't post what I ate over the weekend. I don't want to bore you! It was a lot of green smoothies and salads. I did go out to a mexican restaurant on Saturday night with my hubby and I had some fish.

I know, I know. It is the first meat I have had in 2 weeks. I said from the very beginning that I am not going to get hung up on my diet. I will not allow myself to take the joy out of life and feel guilty for anything I eat. This only leads me to feel like I can't do this and give up. I ate great for every other meal and snack so good for me!

OK, I am off to drink green juice and green smoothies followed by papaya pills. Keep your fingers crossed that my stomach will stay cool.

No comments: