Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back on the Raw Train


I'm back! I am making raw food again and liking it! Woo Hoo. I am off to go shopping to stock up the fridge. I cleaned it out by making this delicious Asian Salad. I made the sweet and sour sesame sauce from Snowdrops Sesame Chicken and then mixed it with bok choy, red and yellow peppers, broccoli, carrots, and green onions. I am letting it marinade until dinner but I can tell you that I already sneaked a taste and oh my goodness!!! It is good!!


sweet & sour sesame sauce

¾ c nama shoyu

¾ c honey (or agave)

2 cloves garlic

1 pc ginger as big as your thumb (equal to the amount of garlic approx)

2 T sesame seeds

2 T coconut oil

1 t sesame oil

2 t red pepper flakes


chop the garlic & ginger so it doesn’t jam under your blades, and put all into the food processor and blend till the veggies are well pureed. The seeds will float up with the oils when left standing, that’s ok, just stir when using.i made more that this recipe called for, because i will be using this on lots more veggies the next couple of days, as it is mind blowing good.
It makes a lot so either plan on using it for a couple of days or make half.

No comments: