Friday, December 14, 2007

Borrowed Earth Cafe


I am so excited because a new raw food restaurant opened in the suburbs of Chicago! Only about 30 minutes from my house! Woo Hoo.

I went there this week to check it out and I was thrilled with the experience from the moment I got there.

To begin with, the owners Danny and Kathy were so friendly and nice. They welcomed me when I entered and took the time to chat with me about the restaurant, the raw food meetup group and raw food in general. They were genuinly nice people and you could tell that they weren't just trying to be nice.

The restaurant had some beautiful paint on the walls. I especially liked the red! Ooo la la. They had this ledge by the front window that was covered with rocks and looked really nice. The walls were a bit bare with some small photographs. When I got up close I could see that they were beautiful.

I ordered the Far Easter Wrap. It was really good. It came with a side of what looked like potato salad but was actually cauliflower and mushrooms in a thick sauce, some cucumber slices with hummus and a beautiful carrot salad. Everything was delicous. The flavor of the sauces didn't overpower the freshness of the produce. My favorite was the wrap. I loved the terriyaki sauce that was on it.

I really wanted to try their Rainbow pie but I was pretty full so I ordered some truffles to take home with me. One was coconut and the other I think was cinnamon. They were both very great and very satisfying.
So, I am thrilled that there is a suburban option for raw dining and I am even more thrilled that the people who own it are so wonderful and I hope nothing but the best for them!

No comments: