Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Year For Vibrant Health


Last night I was fortunate enough to sit in on a Journey Grad call about setting our intentions for 2008. Wow, what a powerful call it was for me. I have already completed some goal setting exercises that were fantastic and most helpful. Typically when we spend time setting goals we are operating from the level of the mind. This Journey session was completely different because it came from the level of the soul.

We started out the call with a brief meditation where I was transported to a deep place of source so effortlessly. My friend Skip who lead the call did something that I did not expect but which I am grateful for. He had us take time to clear out all the things that happened to us in 2007. The good and the bad. He stated that in order to be open for new things to come to us in 2008 we need to make room for them. It reminds me of the saying "Nature abhors a vaccuum." So as I vaccuum out, grace will fill in. Brilliant!

From that place we began free writing all the things we are grateful for over the past year. This was very moving for me and I was brought to tears. My heart was filled with all the fantastic things that I was blessed with over the year. It was so good to take a moment and honor my life and those that are in it, to honor the gifts that I have and that I don't always appreciate in my day to day life.

From here we went onto setting intentions for this year. What made it so powerful was that we didn't ask "What do I want for this year?" Instead we asked "What does Grace most want for me this year?" What a difference this made. I was overcome with emotion and began free writing though the tears. I wrote two pages of things and the thing that ended up being most profound for me was the following:

Grace wants me to have vibrant health, inner and outer beauty, full energy and zest for life. To never forget my inner beauty and inner strength.

As I read over those words I knew that was my soul speaking.

When we finished we were given the chance to speak our deepest and most heartfelt intention aloud to the group. I read mine and everyone replied "so be it." I have to tell you that I felt a wave of energy pass through my body that was so powerful and strong that I began sobbing in gratitude because I just knew that it was complete. I knew that this intention was already manifest and that I will simply move toward it throughout the year.

I sat and sobbed for quite a while as the call finished up and I hung up resting in the most amazing peace, gratitude and clarity that I haven't known since the last week I spent with The Journey. It was amazing and I can't tell you how grateful I am to have been able to be introduced to these amazing people that spread The Journey message to the people of the world.

When I looked back over my notebook I noticed that at the bottom of the page I had written:

2008 My Year For Vibrant Health!!!!!

I truly believe this with all my heart and I go forward each and every day with this intention held out to my soul and to the universe.


Photo by Alfanhui on flickr

No comments: