Saturday, January 05, 2008

More Than The Physical

I have been studying my educational class from the Creative Health Institute and learning all I can about the Living Foods approach to life. As I learn these things I keep getting bombarded with this feeling of being overwhelmed by all the changes, all the things that have to be done to be able to live this lifestyle.

I was watching a DVD on food combining and the man was talking about how our beliefs can effect how we accept the foods we eat. It got me thinking about my beliefs and how they effect my success on this life change. I feel like it is going to be hard therefore it is hard. The mind has such power that I am setting myself up for failure with this type of mindset. I am due for a mind change around this topic.

This is where my struggle lies. I have known for a long time what is good for my body and what isn't. I know the effects of eating sugar, meat, processed foods, coffee and the other things that I tend to eat when I am out of balance. Somehow even though I know this, I don't stop. It is frustrating and there is a sense of being powerless. I know that it is my choice and I need to own these choices. I feel like I am still on the path. I still have work to do in this area. I haven' t quite figured out how to get past the subconscious programing I have that is driving me to continue to abuse my body.

So with all of the knowledge I am getting, there is a piece missing for me that I have to find. I will continue with the learning and I will go forward because I feel that cleaning out on a physical level will help clean out on other levels and because my body is crying out for some cleansing. It is overburdened and toxic and begging for a break. I will continue working on the emotional and subconscious level also to uncover what is holding me back.

No comments: