Thursday, January 03, 2008

Keeping Warm



So everyone who knows me knows that I am always cold and when winter comes I am FREEZING! I guess even Santa knows cuz I got many gifts this year to help keep me warm.

I told you about my Lava Buns yesterday. That is a fantastic! I also got a pair of Isotoner Pillowstep slippers. They are so cushy and warm. Of course they only felt like pillows for the first 5 minutes until the weight of my body smooshed them down into a flat pancake. They have a hard sole though so it feels like I am wearing shoes in the house and they keep me so warm.

I got a hat, scarf and glove set too that is so soft and silky. I just love it. Believe it or not I have been walking around the house with it on so I can keep a constant warm temperature. At least I'm warm and toasty even if I look a bit crazy.

One of the things that I have been using a lot that I already had is my mummy sleeping bag. I bought it for when I am sitting outside in the cold watching my kids play sports. I finally decided that I couldn't stand another year out there freezing so I got it for myself. I felt a little silly at first all bundled up with the hood on but as the wind whipped and the temperature dropped and people around me began to fidget and freeze I was actually toasty warm. Suddenly people were looking at me with desire. I can't wait to add my Lava Buns to the mummy sleeping bag this spring. I am going to be so warm it is ridiculous.

So anyway, I have been using my sleeping bag at my desk. I have it on my chair and I can slip my feet in and out of it and zip it up to cover my legs as needed. I have to tell you that it has been making a world of difference.

So, if you are cold like me then I hope one of these ideas works for you too. Stay warm!

Photo by Borderfilms (Doug) on flickr

No comments: