Monday, January 07, 2008

It doesn't take me much to get excited!


OK, I am so excited because I found mason jars! I know, I know it sounds crazy but you have to understand that I have been looking all over for them and couldn't find them because it is out of season. Not to mention the looks I got from people in the stores that I asked. They must have thought I was crazy. They kept asking, "Are you canning now?" Little do they know that not only am I not canning I am not cooking. :o)


Now I have a supply of beautiful glass jars that I can store my smoothies and juice in. I even managed to find some plastic lids that screw onto the jars for storage in the fridge. It is a good day.


When I got home I decided to make myself a nice green juice. I had read on Courtney Pool's blog that you could put the stuff in the Vita-Mix and then strain it through a nut bag so I thought I would give it a try. Well, I must have missed something because I couldn't get it to work. I even tried adding a little water but the stuff wouldn't blend. I ended up taking out my trusty juicer and and finishing it up. I will have to go back and try to figure out what I did wrong so I can try it again.


Life is good. I am here at my desk drinking my vibrant green smoothie out of a glass mason jar. Yippee!

No comments: