Friday, June 13, 2008

What's going on.

Long time no type everyone. I have been busy living my life and I am still hanging in there. My blood test results came back and everything looked good. I had a ESR test that showed some inflammation so I was sent to a rheumatologist for further review. I had another complete physical compliments of my dad and I had a complete blood workup done. My results looked pretty good there too. My cholesterol is all good except for my good cholesterol. That is low. I need to get in some more exercise so that I can get that number up. My blood pressure and pulse are both very low and I had a few weirdly low numbers but no one seemed worried about them so I won't either. All in all I am a pretty healthy specimen.

I followed up with a rhuematologist this week and he confirmed the reactive arthritis diagnosis. Apparently it is caused from a bacteria or virus and the arthritis lasts a couple of months up til 6 months. He said there is no permanent damage and it will go away on its own so I don't need to take any meds.

I am feeling better. Still have pretty good knee pain and on and off stiffness in other joints. I went on a bike ride with my kids yesterday and holy cow, not so good for my knees. Ouch. My fatigue levels are better so I am cooking more and feeling better. I still get a bit worn out by about 9:00 each night but that's OK.

I have been enjoying my food lately. Lots of salads and fruit in the warm weather. I have been loving grapes and can't seem to get enough of them. My favorite salad is the guacamole salad that I make and I have tried a few new things but I just can't think of what they are right now. :o)

I have added back a bit of cooked food. I even have had some fish. I had a sea bass at a Japanese restaurant about a week ago and tonight I had some salmon. I've also had miso soup twice and some seaweed salad. OMG that was so good. I loved it! I had never had it before and it is way better than the crap I was making at home. The seaweed was this fluorescent green color. Just lovely.

I haven't felt bad after eating any of the cooked food. It actually has felt nice and clean so I feel good about it. I have been craving fish a lot lately so I decided to listen to my body and give it some. Delicious!

Life at home with the kiddies has been pretty good. There haven't been any problems and we've been having a good time. I cooked some healthier meals this week finally. I've been feeling major guilt for the way my boys have been eating lately but I just haven't had the energy to do anything about it until this week. It feels good.

I am up way past my bedtime so I am going to run. I hope all is well with all of you! Much love.

3 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Overall, good news! Glad to hear things are looking up for you (you have an awesome family). Just continue to take care and listen to your body. Thanks for the update - Hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Hey Michelle,
Been wondering how you were doing and missing you. Glad to have an update and so glad you are feeling better.
Good to see you are listening to your body and eating what feels good to you. That's the important thing.
XOXOXXOX
Pixy Lisa

Penni said...

It's so good to hear from you! Sounds like even though you have the pain and fatigue, your blood work is really encouraging. I also had miso soup and a seaweed salad this week and it was Sooooooo good! WE must be on the same wavelength.

Hope you make improvements everyday and I pray you'll be back to yourself in no time!

xo....Penni