Monday, June 23, 2008

Recent Happenings

Things have been going well for me lately. I am enjoying my time home with my children and the other moms in out little click. We've been having great fun going to the parks, riding bikes, going to movies and watching baseball games. I've been quite busy and I am really loving it.

We've had a few bumps in the road too. My oldest who has been struggling with school and trying to find his identity has begun counseling and has recently decided that it is time to move in with his father. I was a bit surprised that he made that decision and if I am being completely honest I was sad and a bit hurt. I did my best to suck it up and be supportive. He came home for a week to clean up his room and organize things for the little brother he shares a room with and he headed off to his dad's to begin his new life.

I am torn because of course I want my baby to stay home with me but let's be honest, he's about to be 16. He isn't a baby anymore. In 2 years he will be a man. I guess it's time to let go. Also, as much as I hate to say it out loud, it seems the energy in the house is much more relaxing when he is not here. There is a lot less arguing, bickering and negativity. We aren't waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop. Maybe he is feeling the same way over at his dad's. We shall see how it all plays out. He will be coming home each Thursday over the summer so he can continue to meet with the counselor who he seems to like.

My youngest little guy had his 6th birthday over the weekend on the same day as my 12th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely day. My husband surprised us by taking us out the the place we were married. We were able to show the kids the exact location of our outdoor wedding (which I am pretty sure they couldn't have cared less about). I loved it. For the little guys we were lucky enough to get a horse drawn wagon ride. We had family over in the evening and had so much fun. Great day!

As far as eating is going I am staying mostly raw with the addition of some fish about once a week. I have been craving it and I can't tell you the joy I am getting out of eating it. I had salmon cooked on the grill on Saturday and I thought I was in heaven. I ate it with a huge salad which is how I eat anything cooked.

I also have been eating tofu about once a week, well probably less than that. I never liked tofu before but suddenly it brings me joy. I love the texture of it. I made it in this stir fry with vegetables and rice noodles. Everyone in my family loved it including me. Yum.

I've been enjoying fruit quite a bit with the change in the seasons. I love, love, love grapes these days and I had the most delicious watermelon over the weekend. I also ate some blueberries that while delicious gave me a blue tongue. I felt like a smurf.

The one thing that I have been eating that I can honestly say has become a bit addictive for me is this chocolate banana bowl that I make. I take raw cacao powder and mix it with agave or raw honey and a little water. It makes a scrumptious chocolate sauce and then I add sliced up bananas, strawberries, coconut, cacao nibs, goji berries etc. Whatever I have. I was having it every once in a while and then it went to every day and now sometimes I have it twice a day. It feels addictive to me.

I know I should try to do a process around it to clear whatever is going on but with the kids home I don't really have that option so I will just wait it out and see how it goes. Soon I will be out of the chocolate powder and I will not be buying anymore! :o)

My son is having his birthday party this weekend. We are having about 20 little boys over between the ages of 5 and 7. They are going to SLEEP OVER in tents in my back yard!!! Can you believe it? It is a bit scary. Wish me luck.

It seems so strange to be out of the loop and off the blog as much as I am but at the same time it feels right so I will keep checking in as time permits. I do miss all of you and I am checking in periodically to see how you all are. Much love to all of you!

7 comments:

Hanlie said...

Hi my friend! Glad to hear all is well with you. I'll send you an email a bit later. I'm still all over the place... Keep well!

HiHoRosie said...

It's gonna be a ZOO at your place with all those little boys but should be fun! Hopefully. :)

Sorry to hear your oldest moved out but I have a feeling relationships will be healthier as a result. Glad you'll be able to see him weekly at least. My prayers are with you all during this transition.

Love hearing about the good things happening too. Enjoy the summer and hope your health continues to improve.

Unknown said...

All those small boys, camping - aaarrrrrgh. That juicefeast must have made you feel great - which brings me to a question (do you mind answering a question?- just ignore me if you do) I am thinking of doing a juicefeast as I am finding it extremely difficult to transition to raw with 3 kids to feed as well. I would like to juicefeast to sort out my obesity, underactive thyroid, chronic fatigue and a whole load of other problems, and as way of transitioning to raw once and for all. Also it would great to take myself out of the food arena for a while ( with my husbands support) Do you any thoughts or advice? Are you pleased you did it? Has it changed your life/health? Thank you so much - really thinking of you with regards to your eldest - my eldest is 16 and I am dreading him leaving home Nickyx

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

So good to hear from you again. Glad you are having fun and enjoying all your food.
I know you will have fun with all the little campers. Keep 'em busy and they will be fine. That was always my motto when I kept my nephews.
XOXXOXOXO
Pixy Lisa

Penni said...

I'm just thinking of you and missing your precious spirit. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Penni

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your raw adventure, I too have decided to go raw! Good luck as I will be checking back with you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.