Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 2

For breakfast this morning I had the leftover fruit salad that I made yesterday. That stuff is good. I only made 1/2 the recipe which I think was a mistake. I am going to have to make some more.

I had an orange for a snack

For lunch I had a delicious kale coleslaw that I found on the 30days raw site. The recipe is posted on Episode 6 and there is even a video of her making it that you can watch.


The last time I went raw I would have never made this recipe because it has miso in the dressing which isn't raw. I was very strict about it. This time I am being flexible especially in the beginning stages of this shift. I am so glad because I LoVeD, LoVeD, LoVeD this salad. It is truly yummy so check it out.

For dinner I had the second half of my moroccan stew and I had some baked sweet potato drizzled with olive oil. Oh boy is that a good winter meal. So satisfying and fulfilling.

A couple of days ago I was sick and lying in bed with a pounding headache. I couldn't sleep and I started talking to myself. "Why do you do this to yourself?" was where it started. "Why do you continue to eat such unhealthy foods that make you sick and overweight?"

The answer I got was a bit surprising to me. It was definitely a light bulb moment for me and I hope I am able to express it here in words because I struggled to explain it to my husband but here goes.

I read this book called The Astonishing Power of Emotions by Esther and Jerry Hicks. The premise of the book is that the more time you spend feeling good the more you are doing what you are meant to do. They explain it as navigating a river. So often people spend so much time paddling up river in their lives with the struggles and the unhappy feelings, it is all upstream. The goal is to turn the canoe and head downstream. Relax and enjoy life and when you are doing this you know you are on the right path.

Now here is where my lightbulb moment came. I realized that my thinking was backwards when it came to what I put in my body. I guess I always felt that when I ate something unhealthy I was going downstream because it was easier or because it tasted good and gave me enjoyment.

What actually occured to me however is that it is the complete opposite. When I am eating healthy and nurturing my body I am going downstream. It may require willpower, stamina or some extra thought and planning and it is still downstream because in the end it makes me feel good about myself and it puts me on the path to a healthier physical body.

I guess maybe I should call it a "duh" moment because it is so simple. When you have a thought pattern that is unconsious, however it is very powerful. Recognizing this pattern is a good first step and now I will clear it out by doing a belief change process. Yippee! Another big step for Michelle.

No comments: